New material options provide skirting solutions for all trailers.
Whether you prefer the bombproof durability of our original DMP plastic design, or the great looks of our new composite panel offering, Freight Wing gives you the choice to specify exactly what you are looking for in a reliable skirting system.
- EPA SmartWay/CARB approved
- 7.45% Fuel Savings in SAE/TMC J1321 testing by independent third party
- Save over 400 gallons of fuel every 50,000 miles of trailer operation
- New panel options to meet any fleet requirement
- On site installation and financing services available
Call us today and find out how to start saving fuel cost! (866) 464-9464
New Panel Options
The AeroFlex is offered in the traditional DMP plastic panels or the new glass reinforced composite material. Both materials are an excellent value using the same proven flexible design concept incorporating a pressure responsive bracing system and supporting aluminum components. Our DMP plastic option continues to be the popular standard for hard running fleets, but many also like the characteristics of fiberglass reinforced skirts and we are happy to make this new alternative available.
AeroFlex DMP Plastic Construction:
The AeroFlex Plastic is the original flexible skirt. For those looking for maximum impact protection, lightest weight and lowest cost, this is your choice.
- Dense Matrix Polyethylene (DMP) material is an engineered plastic developed specifically for trailer skirting
- UV protected, easy to clean smooth surface, and works in all temperature extremes
- Virtually indestructible panels do not break and are unrivaled in terms of durability
- Proven with millions of miles of reliable fleet service
- Weighs only 150 lbs. - the lightest skirting option available
AeroFlex Composite Construction:
The AeroFlex Composite is the new standard in glass fiber reinforced type skirting. For those that prefer the great looks of a composite panel skirt, this is your choice.
- Polypropylene thermoplastic reinforced with continuous bidirectional glass fiber provides new capabilities not possible with traditional thermoset FRP panels
- UV protected, low coefficient of thermal expansion, and excellent ability to hold a flat panel shape
- 3 piece panel system is superior to other composite skirt single panel designs
- All holes come predrilled with panels cut to size, no extra work required as with competing fiberglass skirts
- Weighs 170 lbs.
Time tested and reliable construction
Best in class flexible panel and bracing system.
The key to durability in a skirting system is using flexible components that all work together to allow for ample clearance and resistance to impact damage. The Freight Wing AeroFlex introduced the concept of a fully flexible panel and brace design and has worked for years to optimize a trouble free system that allows the operator to enjoy the full benefits of fuel savings without having to worry about maintenance concerns.
The AeroFlex skirt can bend inwards, outwards and most importantly upwards to avoid damage from high clearance situations such as ramped loading docks that can cause problems for other skirting products. Unlike some skirts that are limited by a lower flexible extensions, the AeroFlex panels are flexible throughout the entire panel so there are no rigid panels or components to be damaged.
Integrated into to our design approach is the realization that damage can occur and that panels can get beat up over years of repeated impacts in some abusive operation situations. Because of this reality, we provide a couple unique capabilities to ensure the consequences of any damage event is minimized. First, no matter how severe the damage, our panels and braces are designed to remain securely attached to the trailer so that the unit can typically remain in operation until it is convenient to perform maintenance. Secondly, the three piece panel design enables the replacement of just one damaged section instead of the entire side. Panel replacements are a difficult and frustrating problem with other one piece skirting designs. The AeroFlex panels and braces are designed to be low cost and very fast to change out in a manner of minutes. With the AeroFlex you will never get stuck with costly repairs or panel changes that are a hidden problem common with inferior products.
Our comprehensive approach to durability and maintenance sets the AeroFlex apart from any other skirt. All parts are corrosion resistant and UV protected to offer you reliable fuel savings for the lifetime of your trailer.
Streamlined installation procedure
A typical install takes approximately 3 hours.
The AeroFlex installation procedure has been streamlined to make it fast and easy. Optimized installations of the product have seen it completed in under an hour with experienced technicians. If your shop recourses are limited, call Freight Wing and our experienced installation teams can make this task quick and efficient.
Our direct panel mounting system eliminates wasted material and provides the most secure connection of the panels to the cross members. The inside brace connections clamp on the cross member, are easy to align and stay in place for the life of the trailer. The panels come completely prefabricated with no cuts to make or holes to drill that can slow down and complicate installations of other designs.
All fasteners are optimized to eliminate install errors and to facilitate easy install and replacements. Our customers are fully supported by a comprehensive install manual and access to expert technicians that are ready to assist you with any problem.
For large unit implementations, ask us about our inverted drill press designed to make installation quicker and easier. It simplifies drilling while improving speed in volume situations.
Unique wedge shaped geometry
The ultimate in skirting performance.
7.45% Fuel Savings
The AeroFlex is EPA SmartWay-verified in the advanced skirting category producing 7.45% fuel savings in 3rd party SAE J1321 type II testing. Freight Wing pioneered the unique wedged geometry and low coverage design now widely acknowledged as the ultimate in aerodynamic skirting performance. The wedged shape provides more consistent on road fuel savings as it does a better job of redirecting airflow around the sliding tandem in multiple positions. The low effective coverage of the unit is also critical in providing optimal aerodynamics.
Although the track tested 7% plus savings are a high expectation when using skirting in an operational situation, most of our customers do report an approximate 5% result when factors such as total average speed, idling etc. are factored into the equation. Achieving this high average result is critical for the long term investment that makes skirting a practical specification. Some people will choose other skirts just based on what meets the minimum requirements for compliance, but choosing an inferior design with inadequate aerodynamic performance will cost the operator thousands in lost fuel savings over the life of the product.
Others may claim and present false data that short skirts, small skirts, bogie wedges etc. perform just as well or better than the AeroFlex design, but the fact is that none of these concepts compare to full coverage skirting in comparative testing on a level playing field. Multiple independent testing projects have proven this fact over the years, one of the better of these fleet sponsored testing projects is available for review on our testing page, comparative wind tunnel evaluation.
Designed to last
Durable state-of-the-art advanced material construction.
- 76-50188-80 DMP Plastic single packed standard unit
- 76-50188-40 Composite single packed standard unit
- 76-50188-81 DMP Plastic bulk packed standard units
- 76-50188-41 Composite bulk packed standard units
- 76-50188-30 28′ DMP Plastic pup trailer units
- 76-50188-42 28′ Composite pup trailer units
- Custom units available for specialty trailer applications
- 7.45% Independently verified via SAE/TMC J1321 Type II testing
- 5-7% Savings measured in fleet operations
Colors & Graphics:
- White and black standard colors (add BLK to specify black)
- Custom colors available with 45 unit minimum and color up charge
- Graphic options from small stickers to full wraps
- No special driver requirements
- Clearance up to 26″
- Will not collect snow or ice
- Maintains access point for easy under trailer inspections
- Can be configured to accommodate tire carrier or other accessories
- Compatible for intermodal operations
- EPA SmartWay verified in the advanced trailer fairing category
- Meets CARB trailer requirements as a single aerodynamic device
- Composite Unit: 170 lbs. for standard 53′ unit
- DMP Plastic Unit: 150 lbs. for standard 53′ unit
- 35” wide by 270” long
- 3-5 man hours
- Easily modified at point of installation for fitting around fuel tank or other under trailer accessories
- No special requirements. Incorporate into normal trailer inspection schedule.
- Reduces horsepower requirements on truck engine
- Keeps trailer underside, axle and brake components cleaner by deflecting road debris and salt spray
- Modular construction allows easy replacement of any parts
DMP Plastic Material:
- Dense Matrix Polyethylene (DMP) panels
- UV protected
- Ideal for use in any climate (range from -103 F to +266 F)
- DMP panels are flexible and highly resistant to damage
- All supporting components protected from corrosion and all stainless steel fasteners
- 100% recyclable with high cost recovery
- Polypropylene thermoplastic reinforced with continuous bidirectional glass fiber
- UV protected
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion, ideal for use in any climate
- Composite panels are flexible and have an excellent ability to hold a flat panel shape
- All supporting components protected from corrosion and all stainless steel fasteners
- Securely attached to the trailer with redundant/fail safe fastener points
- Improved airflow around the trailer reduces splash and spray for better visibility for the driver and passing motorist
- Improves trailer stability and eases trailer pull for reduced driver fatigue
- Available from nearly all trailer manufacturers as a factory installed option
- Available from select dealer networks for aftermarket installation
- 3 year warranty
Customize your fairings with printed graphics
Ask about our in house graphics capabilities.
Generate positive cash flow from day one with our easy financing program
Click here for simple application, low rates and fast approval.